Monday, September 15, 2014

'My Fantastic Road Trip Adventure' Installment #5

I was quite relieved to leave that doggie although I was glad to have seen my niece.
Next day I was treated to the sight of many birds hovering around the bird feeder and a hummingbird drinking it's special brew.Tom had captured on film a great bear drinking from it, what a sight! Glad I missed it. I did see goldfinches and doves & rabbits and a squirrel sunning itself on the rocks...what a sight! Ain't nature grand! YES! It never ceases to delight. As a special treat Tom offered to give me a ride in his red Miata convertable...which I thoroughly enjoyed. He was so kind to show me the way where I would catch the highway next day.Tell me the street names I requested...they don't have names ,so don't bother. OK.Guess we're really in the country now.Regina offered to do some laundry for me which was such a blessing on my journey. That evening two more of their kids, Jimmy & Tommy came over to visit and say Hey to 'Auntie'.BTW did I say Regina & Tom have been married 55 years? Just sayin'.
​ I was delighted seeing what fine people the boys became, remembering them as little tykes.. It was a joyous occasion. Finally it was time to depart and Tom graciously led me to the highway sensing my anxiety. I get by with a little help from my friends ;-) I had the longest haul of the trip so far, on paper 9 hours...in reality...more will be revealed...
I was traveling from northern Ma. to southernmost Va. Both brother Tom & cousin Tom offered easier routes for me and I took their help thankfully. (Guys are so good at this) The trip went pretty smoothly which was something I was affirming all along and listening to chan ting music to keep me centered & focused. Things were going pretty well when I spotted a sign for the Chesapeake Bay Bridge & Tunnel. I perked right up. This was not the way my itinerary was pointing...but I was very familiar with it, when I lived in Va. Bch. I would visit my kids in N.Y. by that very route. I decided on the spot to go for it. Rt. 13 may be slower & longer but it offered me comfort ,ease and joy...another thing I had been affirming. I was so happy to be in familiar territory.Yes, it did take longer(12 hours) but I promised myself a nice massage when I got to the Edgar Cayce ARE next day. The ride was relaxed and I rejoiced ​
​ when at last I saw the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. The toll was $13. which it was 13 years ago when I lived there, amazing. When I rode into Va. Bch., I was DONE! I pulled into a strip mall called my friend Suzi and asked her to meet me & lead me home at last. She did and I felt a huge relief. Thank you Universe for all your support.​

No comments:

Post a Comment