Tuesday, December 15, 2015

What People Do Not Know About Me...

I tend to be a laid back mellow sort of person with a cheerfulk disposition but do not push me because I have been known to pick a baseball bat and start swinging. A baseball bat was my weapon of choice , since I'm against guns. It all started after my divorce, I felt scared and alone. So I decided to get a baseball bat and put it under my bed for protection.Over the years I only used it twice: once when my son took a joy ride in my brand new hard earned car. It wasn't long after that he moved out which was all for the best as I didn't want to commit a homicide. The next event was when my ex-boyfriend  pushed me to the limit, I jumped on the bed and started swinging the bat. Enuff said,we are no longer together.
As I have been 'working on' myself for years, I got to a place thgat I wanted to handle these upsets in my life in a more mature manner. I made a conscious decision to throw away the bat feeling just having it attracted bad juju. In it's place I started studying non-violent communication which was started by Marshall Rosenberg who wrote a book by the same name. Also known as compassionate communication, I have incorporated it into my repertoire . I went to a study group for several years where we practiced the techniques. I have since implemented it into all my affairs : negotiating with my landlord, being an advocate for myself over unfair billing practices etc. so now I am armed with words and beware the POWER of words!

No comments:

Post a Comment