Monday, December 15, 2014

last segment continued...

Cherishing the memories of the trip just experienced, I watched the last phase...watching the cars(200 of them) being brought out in a very expedient fashion. Excited cries were heard,'that's me!' when one's number was called added to the energy.Finally my beloved, trusty Honda Civic was brought to me-what a joy, it had served me well, my faithful steed. 
On the road again 1-4 homeward bound...and the scariest thing of the whole trip happened then. I was in the left thru lane doing 70 mph when a car pulled out from the center median and did not accelerate very quickly. I slammed on the brake jerking forward and luckily averted an accident. Whew!
In summation ,I traveled 1442 mi. by car and 1610 by rail. I covered alot of territory on the east coast from south to north and back again. Some of the highlights of sights,sounds,smells & tastes I experienced : beautiful homes of the folks who hosted me,best drink-kalua & rasberry vodka, best soup-hot crab & fish chowder(Maria) & cold cucumber soup,best fruit-fig & watermelon,best fish-scallops,best animals-rabbit& reindeer,best birds-hummingbird & goldfinch & doves, best trees-ALL especially crepe myrtle,best veggie-garden tomatoes. I have rich eyes to quote an old friend. I am a changed woman. I've come full circle. I went to Massachusets where I was born & Virginia where I was born again. Time to create the next chapter in the story of my life.As another dear friend always says :next! 
A word about the weather, I left Florida , it was in the 90's. When I arrived in Ma. it was in the 60's, a rude awakening. In Northampton it was 56.Brr!Glad I was headed south again,when I arrived back in Florida it was in the 80's...and this is why I live in Florida...another day in paradise!

No comments:

Post a Comment