Monday, December 15, 2014

Last installment of ''My Fantastic Road Trip Adventure'

The next day was planned by Bob & Carol who live in a grand Southern home in Norfolk, Va. I admired Bob's American Indian collection( his mom was Indian) and beautiful photos. They treated Cousin Barbara & I to a delicious lunch @ the Officers Club: cold cucumber soup, tuna salad with fruit: figs & watermelon, my faves...and after that an afternoon @ Norfolk Botanical Gardens which was a heavenly treat. We took the tram ride around the gardens and partook of the beauty. I surely got my flower fix as we smelled the sweet fragrances of the different varieties.. Just being in that environment was uplifting. On our return home cousin Shirley was back from her Doc appt. and we had a chance to visit. Later Barbara & I enjoyed watching 'So You Think You Can Dance' as we both love dance...and so ended another perfect day. 
And next day it was time to begin my journey home. I left @ 9am and enjoyed a leisurely trip to the Lorton station of the Auto Train. There was one construction slowdown that didn't amout to much or bother me at all especially after all the smooth tree lined roadways I had traveled. I arrived early at the station as I like to do  and signed in trying to get a solo seat but found out they were filled to capacity. Que sera. A few facts about the auto train: it travels 855 miles and is the longest train in the U.S. It holds 486 passengers and 201 vehicles. It has 5 passenger cars and 20 auto carriers full capacity.. This trip was mostlt college kids retuning to school with parents to help them set up. Dinnertime found me sitting with 2 of those moms and a 19 year old student, John.One of my favorite topics arose : Dreams...and talking in your sleep and sleepwalking. We all agreed it was a stimulating conversation. I used some of the downtime before bedtime to brainstorm and write about what's next?creating the next chapter of my life. And then it came-bedtime...: to sleep or not to sleep that is the question. I did a bit of both, I'd say 50-50. At breakfast that consensus was unanimous. 'Our arrival in Sanford will be about 45 minutes late' which won't affect me as I have only to sail home to Home Sweet Home.in Gulfport. There was great excitement as we pulled into the station @ Sanford > People were anxious to get to their final destination in Fl. college students going tpo their new school.

No comments:

Post a Comment