Monday, August 25, 2014

My Fantastic Road Trip Adventure' 2nd installment

Next was anticipation of disembarking, getting my car and being on the way...which did not happen for 2 more hours, there were over 200 cards to get off the train ...and 50 people paid $50. extra to be first. So it was after 11am when I started on my 8 hr. trek as AAA had outlined for me(not counting the unexpected: accidents, bad weather , toll slow downs etc.) When I started my car a sign came on ;Check air pressure. Oh no! why now? I don't know how to. I figured I'll get on the road and stop @ a gas station later. As soon as I got on the infamous I-95 bumper to bumper traffic ensued, it was the Washington beltway. After awhile it opened up and I breathed a sigh of relief as I entered Maryland...but not for long...a big overhead sign said in large letters CRASH! ALL LANES BLOCKED! OMG For the next hour and a half we sat in our cars as 6 lines of traffic filed into one lane which took like what seemed like forever. Once out of that mess, I decided to check the air in my tires and top off my gas tank.  As I parked my car I spotted a police officer entering the mini-mart. I'll ask him for help I thought, that would be safe.. He did help & it was safe. When I first approached him, he replied 'M'am I don't work here. 'I know, I see you're an officer of the law & I thought you might help me.' The nice officer did help me check & put air in my tires. Do I know how to get my needs met or what? I topped off my gas & was happily on my way...or so I thought. Next jam up Baltimore Tunnel & every toll after that...incld Delaware Memorial Bridge. It seems EZPASS is the way to go, if you don't have one...you wait. There were 6 lanes for EZYPASS & 1 for cash(that could be a country western song) so the cash line was always long & time consuming. As a result I did not make the time I would have liked to...oh & did it mention it was raining to add to the mix? My trip tik said I would arrive in 8 hrs to Ma. When that time came I was inly up to N.J. wondering who I knew there that I could crash for the night. I was exhausted and bleery eyed. Finally when I reached upstate N.Y. I spotted a Howard Johnson Inn...& in I went for the night.( My AAA came in handy for a discount) That was the best decision I ever made!

No comments:

Post a Comment